Honey sriracha chicken stir fry is a sweet and spicy 30 minute dinner recipe that always makes for a tasty meal prep lunch option. Packed full of veggies and chicken for a healthy but filling meal. Gluten-free friendly and clean eating.
It’s no secret that we absolutely love stir fries here at Sweet Peas & Saffron!
Not only are they easy to prep, but they are filled with healthy ingredients, easy to customize based on what you have in your fridge and freezer, and let’s not forget about THAT SAUCE.
Maybe it’s more like a stir fry sauce obsession. You know I have SEVEN Stir Fry Sauce recipes on the blog, but since that post, I’ve added even more! We also have honey sesame, teriyaki, mongolian and sweet chili stir fries.
What can I say? I love a good stir fry sauce. And this honey sriracha stir fry sauce is one of my faves!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
How to make honey sriracha chicken stir fry
Like all stir fries, this recipe has three important components:
- Vegetables- I used bell peppers, red onion and snap peas because I like a good rainbow in my meal prep. But you could use almost any vegetable in this recipe! Bok choy, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and more. Just remember that you might need to adjust the cook time depending on the veggie you pick.
- Protein- I used boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe because that’s what we always have in our freezer. You could swap for boneless skinless chicken thighs, tofu or even shrimp!
- Sauce- this honey sriracha stir fry sauce is super simple and has honey for sweetness, soy sauce for a savory component, garlic and ginger to bring some aromatic flavors, sriracha for the spicy factor, and cornstarch to thicken.
How do you prepare the honey sriracha stir fry sauce? Simply shake together your ingredients. You can make it ahead and freeze it for up to 3 months! We liked drizzling with extra sriracha to serve.
What protein goes well with this honey sriracha stir fry sauce? This honey sriracha stir fry sauce would actually work really well with a number of different proteins including shrimp, or even tofu, but I like it best with boneless skinless chicken breast.
What vegetables should I use with this honey sriracha stir fry sauce? This stir fry sauce goes well almost any veggie! Root vegetables like carrots go really well with honey, and I found that snap peas were especially tasty with this sauce.
How can I make this recipe vegan/gluten-free/paleo? With just a few simple swaps you can have the perfect honey sriracha stir fry!
- vegan- swap the honey for maple syrup and the chicken for tofu
- gluten-free- swap the soy sauce for coconut aminos
- paleo- swap the sauce sauce for coconut aminos, the corn starch for arrowroot powder and the rice for cauliflower rice
Tips for the BEST honey sriracha chicken stir fry
- Meal prep containers: I love these ones!
- I use my trusty salad dressing shaker to mix up the stir fry sauce
- You can use a standard non stick pan or go traditional and use a wok for this recipe!
- looking for more stir fry meal prep recipes? Check out these Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls, these Maple Ginger Chicken Meal Prep Bowls, and this Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken