These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are easy to make and can be served with your favorite sauce or dry rub. They are the perfect game day recipe for your next football party!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are the original game day party food and these Air Fryer Chicken Wings make it even easier to get perfectly crispy chicken wings every time.
The reason chicken wings are the perfect party appetizer is because you can make them in all different flavors just by tossing them in different sauces and dry rubs. Buffalo chicken wings are classic but the sky is the limit when it comes to all of the amazing sauces you can try.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Before you add that sauce though you have to have a good chicken wing that means the meat is moist and tender and the skin is crispy. This easy recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe mean no more deep frying and no baked chicken. Instead we air fry chicken wings for a perfectly crispy outside and tender moist inside.
How Many Wings Can I Cook in the Air Fryer?
This can vary depending on the size of your air fryer. I used a Phillips XXL which has a 3 pound capacity. Most air fryers should be able to handle 2 pounds of wings without a problem.
Just make sure to remove the air fryer tray halfway through and toss the wings so they get rotated during the cooking process.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Wings in the Air Fryer?
Only 30 minutes!
Can I Cook Frozen Wings in the Air Fryer?
Yes! No more trying to remember to defrost the chicken the day before. You can add 5 minutes to the initial 25 minute cooking time for a total of 35 minutes for perfectly crispy air fryer chicken wings!
How to Make Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer:
- Pat chicken drumettes and wings dry with a paper towel and place them on a baking sheet or cutting board.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 25 minutes. I flipped the wings halfway through by removing the basket and using tongs to turn the chicken over and move the pieces around so that what was on the bottom comes to the top.
- After 25 minutes turn heat up to 400 degrees F and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the fryer basket and place it in a large bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and toss them until well coated.
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese, carrots, and celery.
We tossed our air fryer chicken wings in buffalo wing sauce made with 1/2 cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and 1/4 cup of melted butter whisked together. The sky is the limit as far as flavors go though!
Choose your favorite dry rubs and sauces and make several batches of crispy chicken wings for your next party!
Looking for More Game Day Recipes?
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Big Mac Bites
- Cheeseburger Tots
- Easy Meatball Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- More Game Day Recipes…
Like this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more
Easy Recipes and Simple Entertaining Ideas!